Monday 3 September 2018

Forty three species at the waste water site

Yesterday I went to the waste water site again. It is my "local" patch these days since the demise of F-Nord lake. The lake was pumped dry by overzealous city planners and a large fresh water magnet for birds was lost in a city in the semi-desert.

North Nouakchott waste water site does its best. Yesterday was a good day.


  • No fewer than ten types of warbler were seen:
    Western Bonelli's Warbler, Willow Warbler, Common Chiffchaff, Western Olivaceous Warbler, Melodious Warbler, Sedge Warbler, Eurasian Reed Warbler, Common Grasshopper Warbler, Western Orphean Warbler, Spectacled Warbler. All are migrants.
  • Other migrants included roller, nightingale, rufous bush-robin and  European turtle dove
  • Three different sedge warbler were photographed near each other.
  • A grasshopper warbler shown about 20 metres from where I saw one two weeks earlier
  • One of the European reed warbler felt so secure it was asleep during daylight. This presumed after a long migratory flight.


melodious warbler 1

melodious warbler 2

back of European reed warbler

juvenile woodchat shrike

partially hidden spectacled warbler

crested lark

grasshopper warbler

spotted flycatcher

namaqua dove

sleepy reed warbler

now alert reed warbler

young yellow wagtail

European turtle dove

western orphean warbler 1

western orphean warbler 2

European pied flycatcher

first sedge warbler

second sedge warbler

third sedge warbler

glossy ibis

blue-cheeked bee-eater

little stint

kentish plover


Species at Waste Water site. 2nd September 2018
European Turtle Dove  
Laughing Dove  
Namaqua Dove  
Black-winged Stilt  
Spur-winged Lapwing  
Kentish Plover  
Common Ringed Plover  
Whimbrel  
Curlew Sandpiper  
Dunlin  
Little Stint  
Common Sandpiper  
Green Sandpiper  
Wood Sandpiper  
Common Redshank  
Grey Heron (Grey)  
Glossy Ibis  
Eurasian Hoopoe  
Blue-cheeked Bee-eater  
European Roller  
Great Grey Shrike (Sahara)  
Woodchat Shrike  
Crested Lark  
Sand Martin  
Barn Swallow  
Western Bonelli's Warbler  
Willow Warbler  
Common Chiffchaff  
Western Olivaceous Warbler  
Melodious Warbler  
Sedge Warbler  
Eurasian Reed Warbler  
Common Grasshopper Warbler  
Western Orphean Warbler  
Spectacled Warbler  
Spotted Flycatcher  
Rufous-tailed Scrub Robin  
Common Nightingale  
European Pied Flycatcher  
Common Redstart  
Western Yellow Wagtail  
House Sparrow  
Sudan Golden Sparrow  

13 comments:

  1. Sad that this will be your final post, Rob. I've enjoyed following your blog for a number of years and will miss your reports. RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All who knew him in real life (Rob was my boss, and a friend too) as well as in the birding community will miss him so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1635190126National Museum of Korea
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1635190126Korean culture
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1635190126korean history
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1635190126Goryeo dynasty
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1635190126Joseon dynasty
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1635190126Hangeul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello your post is very helpful, thanks for wonderful information sharing. When you go about Find information & tips on The News Gossip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GET RICH WITH THE USE OF BLANK ATM CARD FROM
    (jimleehacker07@gmail.com)
    Has anyone here heard about blank ATM card? An ATM card that allows you to withdraw cash from any ATM machine in the world. No name required, no address required and no bank account required. The ATM card is already programmed to dispense cash from any ATM machine worldwide. I heard about this ATM card online but at first i didn't pay attention to it because everything seems too good to be true, but i was convinced & shocked when my friend at my place of work got the card from guarantee ATM card vendor. We both went to the ATM machine center and confirmed it really works, without delay i gave it a go. Ever since then I’ve been withdrawing $1,500 to $5000 daily from the blank ATM card & this card has really changed my life financially. I just bought an expensive car and am planning to get a house. For those interested in making quick money should contact them on: Email address : jimleehacker07@gmail.com or Whats App: +1 (503) 278-0569

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must testify that your article is out standing.most of the articles I come across these days do not really provide anything that attracts others as yours, but believe me the way you interact is literally awesome I do respect that so much. I will instantly get your link and stay informed of any updates you make and as well take the advantage to share some vital information regarding the different steps which can be use to join the top class of people in the world. HOW TO JOIN ILLUMINATI and be in controle of wealth and fame

    ReplyDelete

  8. I just have to introduce this hacker that I have been working with him on getting my credit score been boosted across the Equifax, TransUnion and Experian report. He made a lot of good changes on my credit report by erasing all the past eviction, bad collections and DUI off my credit report history and also increased my FICO score above 876 across my three credit bureaus report you can contatc him for all kind of hacks . Email him here via Email him here via hackintechnology@gmail.com or whatsapp Number: +1 213 295 1376.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Car Loan financing as it is popularly known, is a process where a customer will have to provide a valid income document and credit report to he lender which shows past history of transactions. BANK STATEMENT FOR LOAN This document has to show the income which the customer has put toward a car payment . However , only a bank statement won’t be enough for your car loan to be easily approved by the lender . Even though it is very possible to loan a car using only a bank statement. Most Car lenders require a valid and Strong credit with a three digit number between 400 and 850.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I lost my job few months back and there was no way to get income for my family, things was so tough and I couldn't get anything for my children, not until a met a recommendation on a page writing how Mr Bernie Wilfred helped a lady in getting a huge amount of profit every 6 working days on trading with his management on the cryptocurrency Market, to be honest I never believe it but I took the risk to take a loan of $800 and I contacted him unbelievable and I was so happy I earn $12,500 in 6 working days, the most joy is that I can now take care of my family I don't know how to appreciate your good work Mr. Bernie Doran God will continue to bless you for being a life saver I have no way to appreciate you than to tell people about your good services.
    For a perfect investment and good strategies contact Mr Bernie Doran via WhatsApp :+1(424)285-0682 or Telegram : @Bernie_doran_fx or Email : Bernie.doranfx01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best Crypto Recovery's Experts I ever know is SPYHOST CYBER SECURITY COMPANY. My experience of online scamming took seconds and cost me thousands. I was fooled by a YouTube video that convinced me that I could make a killing in Crypto, and the minute I clicked the link and deposited funds, I knew something was up, but it was too late. I worked with SPYHOST CYBER SECURITY COMPANY, and they were so helpful and supportive, and in the end, it took a 24hrs , I got almost all of the money back. It wouldn't have been possible for me to meet up economically because I almost invested all my money but all thanks to Spyhost cyber service with their genius effort to help me recover my already stolen currency.Incase you are a victim of such predicament Please ensure also to reach out to them for help via email: (Spyhost@cyberdude.com).

    ReplyDelete