Thursday 23 August 2018

More time at the Maansour hotel

On July 22nd I flew out of Somaliland. I had time in the morning for some birding around the hotel. There were no new species for my country list though I did manage better photos of several birds. Notably I got better photos of both shining sunbird and variable sunbird. I got my only pictures of northern crombec in country too.

The last stop of my East African trip was Djibouti. I will blog about that country next.

Somali crow

African mourning dove

speckled pigeon

swainson's sparrow

cutthroat

blue-naped mousebird

Ruepell's weaver

variable sunbird 1

variable sunbird 2

red-eyed dove

Madagascar bee-eater

northern crombec 1

northern crombec 2

hooded vulture

shining sunbird 1

shining sunbird 2

shining sunbird 3


Mansoor Hotel, Woqooyi Galbeed, SO
22-Jul-2018 10:30 - 12:00
Speckled Pigeon  
Mourning Collared Dove  
Laughing Dove  
Namaqua Dove
Hooded Vulture  
African Palm-Swift  
Blue-naped Mousebird  
Madagascar Bee-eater  
Somali Crow  
Ethiopian Swallow  
Common Bulbul (Somali)  
Northern Crombec  
Shining Sunbird  
Variable Sunbird (White-bellied)  
White-bellied Canary  
Swainson's Sparrow  
Rüppell's Weaver  
Chestnut Weaver  
Red-billed Quelea  

No comments:

Post a Comment